11.15.2009

What a fun Saturday!

This Saturday I got to do two of my favorite things: stamping and shopping! Sherry's class at the Bridgeport store was loads of fun. The theme was shabby chic, so we distressed, framed, used lace, sanded, and colored with her Copic markers! Sherry's energy and enthusiasm for stamping and A muse stamps/papers is contagious! She's lots of fun! And I'm thrilled she visited my blog and left me comments! Thanks Sherry! Thanks also for the tip on photographing cards. I'll try it out on my next post.

After stamping I picked up my friend Dana and we headed to Carousel Mall in search of "the perfect dress" for Mark's brother's wedding. I wasn't really planning on getting one but I found this great vintage dress on the sale rack at Macy's and couldn't pass it up (despite the fact that I really need to lose about 5 lbs to fit in it better!). I also have two more on the way from Black House, White Market - they have beautiful dresses and I was able to find some sale ones that have some potential...

Today I finally got some time to work on some cards. We have 30 tags to do for the Dec. 2nd stamp club, so that's been taking up a fair amount of time and thought - and I'm still only a third of the way finished. Tags really aren't my thing, but I'll share them when I'm done...

Here are the three cards I finished up today. I didn't get to try Sherry's photo technique yet, so bear with me... This first one took most of the time, and it's the one on which I used some distressing techniques...



Logan inspired the next card, since he was really bad today! Again, he's sitting right at my side - this time shimmering in glamour dust - haha! Mark keeps telling me to distress his fur.


It's amazing how some cards take only a short while to think up and create. I did this one in about 5-10 minutes...



Thanks for viewing! Hope you got some inspiration and new ideas. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment